Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sweet and Crunchy Tuna Salad {Paleo, AIP, whole 30}


What are your go to meals?

You know...one of those meals that you can make with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back. What do you make when you have no time and no inspiration?


This is one of those recipes for me. In fact, I feel weird about sharing it as a recipe, because it's 'oh so very simple...'

But, I love this tuna salad so much that I can't imagine not sharing it with you! That's how much I care about all of you. 

At least once a week I'm running late and don't have leftovers prepped to take to work and this is what ends up in my lunch bag. This is one of the many ways that I stay sane and keep my focus on AIP.  

With salads like this there are no more excuses. 5 minutes in the grocery store and 5 minutes back in your kitchen and a healthy & satisfying lunch is ready to be enjoyed. 




Sweet & Crunchy Tuna Salad
{Paleo, AIP, Whole 30}

Serves: 1
Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
1 can tuna packed in olive oil
1 apple (any variety you enjoy - my favorite is jazz)
juice of 1 lime
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 T chopped cilantro
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup blueberries

Method:
- finely dice apple and chop cilantro
- roughly chop spinach
- mix all ingredients
- Enjoy!

** If you prefer tuna in water - drain the tuna and add 1T olive oil

** This salad is perfect for packing for lunch at work because the spinach doesn't wilt during the morning. For other easy to pack and take with you meals, check out my ebook...









** Recipe shared on Phoenix Helix Recipe Roundtable