Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week of Meals


Some of the questions I see ALL THE TIME on the AIP discussion boards are...
what do you actually eat?
what's for breakfast?
what does a week of food look like for you? 
how do you cook all that food?
do you really eat soup for breakfast?


So, to solve that mystery, here's what I ate last week. This is 5 days of breakfasts, lunches & dinners. The other 2 days were more of the same, with the occasional salad out at a restaurant. You'll see a lot of repetition. I tend to just cook 2-3 things a week and eat on them until they're gone. Recipes are linked when available.

If you want more inspiration and even a printable meal planning sheet, check out this post where I even detail out what I cook when throughout the week. 

A few things that you should know about me and how I eat.
(1) I have VERY little time to cook - 1-2 evenings a week
(2) Batch cooking is a lifesaver. Some of my favorites for batch cooking are - crock pot chicken, bacon blueberry breakfast burgers, and soups especially garlic carrot soup. For more on batchcooking, read this post.
(3) I have a roommate, but we only eat together a couple of times a week, so I'm mainly just cooking for me.
(4) I love leftovers and don't mind eating the same things over and over again.
(5) 3 things you'll almost always find in my kitchen are sweet potatoes, avocados and blueberries.
(6) lunches are almost always eaten at my desk at work and are leftovers from the night before.




Breakfasts

Leftover roasted sweet potato, butternut & brussels spouts
1/3 avocado
Berries



Day Two:
Small burger patties X2
Pineapple Bacon Jam 
1/2 white sweet potato
1/2 avocado




Day Three:
Bacon Blueberry Breakfast Burgers x2
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
Garlic Carrot Soup
1/3 avocado
Berries
Day Four:
- -2 Breakfast Tacos- -
2 Sweet Potato Parathas 
Bacon Blueberry Breakfast Burgers x2
Blueberry BBQ Sauce
baby spinach
Day Five:
Random veggie/ beef soup with leftovers & broth
1/3 avocado
Berries
Cucumber


Lunches

Day One:
Not very hungry...
Deconstructed chicken salad
Crock pot chicken
Berries
Cucumber
Avocado

Day Two:
Cream of Chicken & Veggie Soup
Golden Kiwi


Day Three
:

Hash/ skillet - beef, onions, cabbage
Pear

Day Four:
Simple salad - lettuce & a can of tuna
Topped with "Grilled Pineapple Salsa"



 Day Five:
Beef, mushroom, broccoli stir fry









Dinners

 Day One:
Baked salmon with "Pineapple Bacon jam"
Salad
Roasted baby asparagus

 Day Two:
Baby spinach
Bacon
Strawberries
Pan fried sweet potato

Day Three:
Cream of Chicken & Veggie Soup


 Day Four:
"Taco Salad"
Red cabbage
Ground beef - seasoned with onions, garlic & ginger
Cucumber
Avocado
Plantain Chips
                                    "Butternut Cheese" (recipe in development)

Day Five:
Random soup of leftover beef, veggies, and broth

Extras
I will admit that I also generally have some sort of snack around 4 pm as I'm just too hungry to wait for dinner. Snacks are generally plantain chips, cassava chips, some berries, an apple, a few dates, a couple squares of dark chocolate (reintroduction), etc. I just like to have something to munch on while I cook dinner.