Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Guest Post for Paleo Parents: Burger Stack and Family Game Night


Today I'm guest posting over at Paleo Parents.
I shared a recipe and a plan for a family fun night.

Family game nights were always a favorite of mine growing up. After dinner (my favorite being pizza night), we'd clear off the table and pull out a game. I loved playing trivial pursuit and was especially good at the green cards (science and nature). The funny thing is that I don't think my brother and I realized that we were learning during those game nights, we just thought we were having a good time.

When I first thought about this guest post I was terrified. I wanted to share something that would include good food, but also wanted something that would be fun for all the moms (and dads) out there looking for ways to connect with their kids. I remembered all the fun we had growing up playing games as a family and thought combining food with a family game night was a fun idea.

The funny thing about this 'recipe' is that it isn't so much a recipe as an idea. It can easily be modified to fit your likes and dislikes.

You can read the whole post here....and get the recipe and the instructions for the game so that you too can have a fun evening of food and games with your family.

Here are some pics of the fun that was had the night I made this meal.

** This post was shared on Phoenix Helix AIP Roundtable