Monday, June 22, 2015

Crab & Bacon Stuffed Salmon

Living alone, dinner is often the same as breakfast and it's not uncommon for me to work my way through a batch of burgers or a giant pot of soup for days on end. Thankfully I've never been bothered by leftovers and don't mind eating the same thing over and over again.

But, sometimes inspiration strikes and I want to treat myself to a fancy dinner and sit at the table and light candles and everything. This salmon was the perfect meal for one of those occasions. I can also imagine that this would make an impressive date meal...if you have a special someone to cook for. I know I'd be impressed by it. And, the great thing is that you get an impressive meal with very little effort. Score!!

Crab &  Stuffed Salmon

Serves: 2 (or 1 if you're hungry)
Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet 
- 2 oz. cooked crab meat (canned)
- 2 T chopped parsley
- juice of 1 line
- 1 piece of bacon cooked + bacon fat

Method:
- preheat oven to 400F/ 200C
- line a baking dish with parchment paper
- cut a slit down the middle of the salmon, through the flesh but not through skin
- cook bacon
- mix stuffing - crab, parsley, crumbled bacon, lime juice & bacon fat (1tsp)
- fill slit in salmon with stuffing and pile up on too
- place salmon in pan and bake for 18- 20 minutes until salmon is cooked to desired doneness
- turn to broil and move rack right below the broiler. Broil for 3-5 minutes until top is brown.


** For a complete meal, pair with grilled asparagus, salad & grilled pineapple