Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunrise Gummies

Finally got my hands on a bottle of 'Great Lakes Gelatin' and decided it was time to try my hand at making some gummies.


I kept seeing recipes online and decided I needed to make my own with all my favorite fruity goodness combined with all the joint health benefits of gelatin.

Nothing like a treat that's good and good for you. 

SUNRISE GUMMIES

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) strawberries
- 3 T chopped fresh mint
- 4 T gelatin 

Method:
- blend juice, strawberries and mint
- heat half of the mixture in a small pot over a medium heat
- mix gelatin into the remaining juice mixture to form a paste until gelatin is all dissolved
- add gelatin paste to the heated juice mixture one spoonful at a time until all incorporated 
- pour the mixture into candy molds (or a thin layer in a large baking dish)
- refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour until set
- unmold (or cut into squares) and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week