Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Why a Blog? Why AIP?

















For years people have told me I should write a cookbook or start a food blog, but the thought of joining the millions (at least it seems that way) of food blogs out there seems like throwing a needle in a haystack. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to share my food with others, but was it really worth my time.  There are plenty of other people out there with more time than me and they write good recipes and share them with the world, so I didn't see the need.

Then, a few weeks back, in an attempt to reverse my autoimmune diseases (spondyloarthritis or ankylosing spondylitis paired with uveitis and endometriosis) I stumbled across the AIP diet. 

If you're new to the AIP diet, check out resources such as The Paleo Mom who explain the science behind the diet and why it helps to reverse the symptoms of many auto immune diseases. 

My disease is minor, compared to the horrors that many people with auto immune diseases are dealing with and I can manage it with exercise and the occasional pain meds. But, I thought if I could heal my body through food it was worth giving it a try.

15 days into the AIP diet and I feel great. I haven't taken any pain meds in 15 days. My stiffness and joint pain is decreased and I feel like my body is healing. I'm on an adventure  to let food be my medicine and see what happens when I give my body the nutrients it needs to heal.

Join this adventure with me and let's see what we can get cooking.